2022-05-10. SatCen (European Union Satellite Centre) offers 2 traineeships for university graduates in the fields of GIS, remote sensing, GEOINT or equivalent
Expires on 17/05/2022
SatCen is offering two (2) traineeship positions for university graduates that are finishing or have recently obtained a university degree in the fields of GIS, remote sensing, GEOINT or equivalent, to reinforce its Copernicus Unit team in charge of the implementation of the ongoing service level agreement (SLA) with Frontex.
As a trainee, you will be given the opportunity to gain firsthand experience of working for an EU body and the opportunity to participate in real-world projects related to Earth observation (EO), research and development (R&D), and security and defence activities.
In particular, your daily activities will include some or all of the following, depending on your profile:
- Performing imagery/data manipulation, processing and enhancement as required for the analysis and creation of SatCen products using all forms of available imagery and collateral data;
- Supporting your team with the production of geo-analytical products (database generation, specific layers of interest, web-mapping services (WMS), etc.) during peaks of high workload;
- Supporting your team with satellite imagery analysis for projects, as well as GEOINT/GIS development and applications development;
- Updating and maintaining a geospatial database, as well as documentation for reference purposes;
- Contributing to the creation and implementation of automation rules; and,
- Assisting your Team Leader and SatCen Imagery Analysts in the execution of projects and Division activities.